Because we can celebrate summer-time city-life with a Community SKWIM Tournament
- To share water-safety topics with citizens.
- To build additional activities at Ammon Pool in August 2018.
- To better utilize certain sections of the large swim pool are not busy in afternoons and evenings in August.
- To blend in SKWIM and water polo with pool patrons in an organized setting.
- To pilot a SKWIM house league for possible expansion in future years at other Citiparks pools.
- To promote fun, competitive events that can improve swimming skills and endurance so more kids can one day become lifeguards.
- To stress sportsmanship, new friendships, inter-generational play among various groups.
- To make up for a lack of student-swim opportunities in 2018’s Summer Dreamers Academy.
- To provide athletes of various sports a cool-temperate fitness setting during August’s summer-time heat.
- To generate additional gate receipts for sustaining Citiparks pool operations.
- To provide swimmers, triathletes and lap-swimmers game-time experiences so they may one day turn into water polo players and eventually join the Pittsburgh Renegades Water Polo Team.
- To give suburban visitors another reason to visit Pittsburgh’s Hill District besides for a Penguins game or concert at PPG Paints Arena.
Your input welcome
Insert additional reasons in the comments below.